Sad day

Sometimes it seems that all sad things happen at the same time.
This morning I went to a memorial service for the husband of a friend. He collapsed at work and passed away on Friday, totally unexpected. He was 36 years old and leaves behind his wife and 6 month old son.

This afternoon I got a call that my cousin's best friend collapsed 50 meters before the finish line of a running competition. They did cpr and rushed him to the hospital. He was put on ventilators but the brain scan didn't look good. Last night he passed away. He was 23 years old.

This evening we were at a BBQ where we were told that a family member had had complications during a surgery and nearly passed away last night. She made it but is still critical and at intensive care.

I am so sad after all this, I tear up as soon as I think about it. I can't help but wonder why. Of course we will never get an answer to that question. But it makes me realize that life is frail and we need to live it to the fullest with our loved ones. I pray that God will hold these families close, it's all I can do. But it just doesn't seem like it's enough.

No comments: