Walk in their shoes

Check out the banner on top of my blog and the short video in the side bar. It's about persecution of christians for their religion. I think it's horrible that these things happen and I cannot imagine what it would be like. That's why I like the video. It helps you see that we are so blessed to have freedom of speech and that we are free to believe what we want to believe.

Someone thought the video was too much focused on these injustices committed by muslims. This was actually not my intention. There are muslims who hunt down christians but they are not the only ones, there are a lot of other groups with different religious beliefs that persecute christians. Also this is no standard for all muslims of course! Not to mention the christian crusades where there were horrible things done to other people in the name of religion! Will mankind ever learn to respect eachother no matter what ethnic group or religion?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thank you for this post, Chenee! Americans in particular are largely ignorant of the plight of believers in the near east and far east. Materialism is a dangerous thing because it blinds people to the needs of others.

PS we DID get the package from you guys and it is super super cute!!! stand by for pictures.

love,
mike

Marlies Clemens said...

Its amazing how the day to day can be so draining as you said in the post below - we can lose that excitement of stepping out in Christ. Where as there are others who just the name of Jesus can get them killed. it is a good kick up the bum, thanks Michelle.
You have helped me realise that I need to start trusting Him more for my worries and also for when I am bored at home that I don't forget about him and that is the when I really need to spend time with Him.
Thanks you.